We have finalised a venue for our first new Swansea Dementia Friendly Forum meeting that will take place on 24th September. The venue will be at the Canolfan Gorseinon Centre. The meeting will start at 10.00am but the tea and coffee will start to flow for 9.45am. Information on the centre and directions are included below.
Ben, Wayne and I are very excited about catching up with everyone and hearing all your stories from the summer.
We’re even more excited that we have a presentation from the wonderful Swansea Dementia coordinators to enjoy.
I must apologise for the terminology in our opening message to the group. As some of us on the team are new in the volunteer role, we can sometimes overlook things when trying to make a good first impression.
Also, it has come to our attention that possibly some members of the forum didn’t receive our opening message. This was not intentional, we are new in post and we have a lot of systems to get checked and verified and of course, that takes time! I will also blind cc, everyone, this time and keep up to date with our GDPR obligations!
If we could all spread the word of the next forum meeting with other members then that would be great. If anyone knows of anyone who has been left out of the group, then please let me know so I can add them back on the list at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Recap of our rough ideas of the focus for the year
* Massively increase information on the DFS website as a guide to all things Dementia in Swansea (Health, Social, 3rd Sector, Organisations, Private organisations), with web links to those organisations. Find ways to increase traffic to the DFS website and measure the increase using Google Analytics.
* Find ways to improve the journey for people living with Dementia and their family/loved ones.
* Promote Dementia Friends to business, organisations, schools, and individuals (need a measurable objective and historic data from Alzheimer’s Soc).
* Create an engaged collaborative Forum that shares information. Keep the meetings formal. Invite speakers to present, engage and even entertain the group.
* Create a small ‘Management group of Doers’ that will action some of the projects/initiatives – drop me a line if you feel like a doer – email@example.com here.[/dropshadowbox]
Question – What do you want from the forum?
Question – If you think people have disengaged from the forum – why?
We are looking forward to seeing you all on the 24th!
How to find the Canolfan Gorseinon Centre – Google maps
From the M4 heading to Carmarthen
Leave the M4 at Junction 47 (signposted Swansea W) then at the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto the A48 (signposted Gorseinon, Penllergaer).
Continue forward onto the A48, entering Penllergaer, at roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Gorseinon Road – A4240 (signposted Gorseinon)
At mini-roundabout, continue forward onto Gorseinon Road – A4240.
At next roundabout take the second exit onto Gorseinon Road – A4240 (signposted Gorseinon) and continue forward until you reach the traffic lights near the Bryngwyn public house.
Turn left at the traffic lights, going straight on through the roundabout and turn right into the Centre car park.
Canolfan Gorseinon Centre
Tel: 01792 897657
Fax: 01792 891388